20 Apr Fat Taxi’s Take on COVID-19 Crisis
Coronavirus is an infectious disease that causes upper and lower respiratory illness. While most people experience the disease in an asymptomatic or mild manner, a considerable portion of the population suffer from moderate to severe effects. Especially the elderly and people with chronic diseases are more vulnerable to the adverse effects of the disease.
The impact of Coronavirus on our daily life and the travel industry
As many of us have experienced, coronavirus practically halted the life as we know it. Advised by health authorities throughout the world, it is best to stay home as much as we can and avoid human contact.
The virus is transferred primarily through saliva droplets, which makes the use of face masks and keeping a distance, essential precautions.
Since the virus can survive for long periods on surfaces, the same cautions apply for objects that are exposed to public use, which includes means of transportation. While most domestic and international flights are cancelled worldwide, people still need to travel around for several reasons.
Your well-being is our primary drive
We are keeping a close watch on decisions and regulations made by the government of Turkey as well as the Ministry of Health. In compliance to these regulations, we have taken a number of actions ensure utmost safety for our clients and the general public:
– We disinfect each of our vehicles before and after every new journey
– All Fat Taxi drivers are equipped with face masks, protective gloves and have gone through COVID-19 social distancing training
– We conduct our transfers with respect to the social distancing regulations, lowering all our vehicle passenger capacities by half so that proper distancing inside the vehicle can be achieved. We also provide masks as well as hand sanitisers for our clients and ask them to take extra caution on not sitting too close to each other.
– We understand that plans and schedules can change unexpectedly in these trying times. We offer extra flexibility on booking changes and cancellations in order to give you ease of mind. You can get a full refund on your transfer up to 6 hours prior to your travel. And if you need to cancel in the last minute, we provide a giftable voucher that can be used for any future travel.
– We know how regular means of transportation such as yellow taxis and buses are not preferable options for inner city travel due to the current situation, which is why we also provide a 10% additional discount until the end of June 2020. While travelling between cities is not currently allowed in Turkey, we also plan on extending this offer to travels between cities once the precautionary ban is lifted.
We hope to leave these stressful days behind, soon. We also believe that staying positive and happy is essential during this period. Which is why we decided to publish a series of useful tips and suggestions on how to stay active throughout the isolation.